Spiraling is the practice of Compassionate Communication Circling for the purpose of increasing self-awareness through the expression of present moment feelings as they relate to basic human needs, and making positive doable specific requests in a way that inspires collaboration to insure everybody’s needs are met.
- Everybody has basic human needs in common
- Positive emotions indicate needs are being met
- Negative emotions indicate needs are going unmet
- It’s impossible to get needs met at the expense of another’s
- Making sure others needs are met is enlightened self-interest
- Collaborating to make sure everyone’s needs are met is fun
- Don’t do anything that isn’t play